Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The End of My Time At Alabama PIRC

All good things must end. As many of you have already heard, the Parent Information and Resource Center projects have been closed out by the US Department of Education. Our funding will cease at the end of this grant year. We have spent the last five years helping schools build effective relationships with families to improve the educational outcomes of our children. While our federal funding is ending, our agency will continue to provide training, information and support to schools and families through out other grant funded projects and contracts with schools and community organizations. As the Alabama PIRC Director, I learned so much from all of the families, teachers, and administrators I worked with over the years. I am filled with gratitude for all of the experiences I have shared with many of you and the valuable experience I have gained.

I am leaving the Alabama Parent Education Center on September 16. I have accepted the position of Senior Manager of Family Engagement at National PTA and I am moving to Alexandria, Virginia. William Jones will take over as the new Alabama PIRC Director as we close out our grant obligations and begin to explore new strategies for working with families and schools to improve student achievement.

Best of luck in the future, friends!

Sherri Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment